Asia/Europe Continental Border

Asia/Europe Continental Border

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Nesting Stage?

Is this what pregnant women call the nesting stage?  When you are fluffing pillows on the freshly made bed, in the freshly painted room with the brand new toy box put together and awaiting the little fingers to open and close it hourly?
Yes, the bed is put together and ready to go; it looks great. Plenty of room for the visiting Jake and Mattie as well ! The toy chest is put together and topped with stuffed animals and pillows, the bookshelves have toys, beanie babies and Russian Cups on display [how long you think this stuff will last here?] and the new area rug matches the room perfectly for playtime. Beau, our lab, made himself quite comfortable on it and thinks this new room is for him.  He has no idea what he's in for ! 

So I am assuming this is what they call nesting?  When you are hanging pictures, primping the room, making beds and such?  We in the adoption world call it torture !  The endless waiting and wondering when your children will enjoy their new bedroom and toys all their own. 

One thing I did not think of when I bought these fabulous bunk beds is that I am the one making the bed.  I hit my head 4 times on the upper bunk and could get the hospital corners quite like I wanted them.  My best friend Kathlyn laughs at me and tells me that the nicely tucked corners and even the made beds won't last too long with twins.  She's probably right, but I won't admit it just yet !

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for our new bedroom furniture !  Jack and Noah will have countless hours of sleep and fun in their new room.

Now we wait.....UGH !

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yep...you're nesting. Now we want pictures! (And more importantly, we can't wait to see pics of the boys IN their room!!).

Blessings,
Laura :)

Beth said...

Mattie and Jake can not wait to visit this summer and check out the bunk beds. I guess I should have warned you about making the upper bunk!!!! Post some pictures of the room I am dying to see where those 2 cutties of yours are going to sleep.

Sandy LaMonaca-DiEduardo said...

As soon as the FINAL piece of furniture is in the room, I WILL post pics. I promise. Just waiting for the Armoire and a chair. But I'll send what I got in the meantime.