Asia/Europe Continental Border

Asia/Europe Continental Border

Monday, September 13, 2010

Never Ending Vacation

Just a few more redos of paperwork...yeah right.  The THIRD set of medicals is now being sent to Olga, with new ABMS certs- again, to the tune of $1400, to recertify the same doctor that was certified 3 times already.  The new Golden Cradle License came in the mail-Thank the Lord, because that was holding us up as well.
I asked Olga and Michalina "why is my paperwork still with Olga in Russia and not in the judges' hands?" their response: "everything is translated and ready to go, they are waiting for the judge to return from vacation, which is now said to be this week or so. Then everything gets handed to her assistant, who then hands it to the judge."  They are waiting for some of the New documents from the ones that expired. 
WELL HERE IS A CLUE---If we keep holding ONTO the documents before submitting them, then they are going to CONSTANTLY expire !! Three sets of medicals, three sets of FBI prints, two social worker certificates, two agency licenses, and we didn't even START to do redo financials yet, because you KNOW the judge will ask for that.
I am going to get ONE more set of medicals ready, JUST IN CASE...that's because I know how these people work.  They wonder why they are just barely surviving the fall of communism....HELLO...try a new electronic error !! 
The children of these countries should be allowed to run them, because the old fart beurocrats certainly cannot do a good job with their love of paperwork and the killing of trees !

The Eastern European students that come to my town for the summer are very advance in computers and all sorts of technology, as they should be....its the old left over communists that can't seem to get a grip. Maybe adoptions in Russia will be better in 20 years when these artifacts of the system die off slowly.

More money, more time, and yes...I am getting angrier at the system.   There is NO reason for this other than a power trip from narcissistic communists.  Meanwhile, these children (mine and many others) are sitting in homes not being given the attention and the love that they need to grow.  Yes, Ekat cares for these children more so then other places, but that is no substitute for a home and parents.

When Michalina said to me, : we are hoping to get you a date by the end of Oct, otherwise by early Dec.." I freaked out. I said I am NOT waiting until December !  I will steal them from the orphanage !
December !  Then we get into the holiday crap that they put me through last year.

So, doing my pasperwork fast and getting it to Olga in June....meant nothing !  Don't bother ! because it will NOT be submitted as quick as you submit it to them and you will spend most of your time re-doing it anyway.
 By the time I ssent my paperwork to her , I had to re do my medicals 2 weeks later.

So, maybe someday soon the judge will return from her never ending vacation.  Truth is, you aren't sure if they are on vacation or if its just another delay tactic. 

2 comments:

Beth said...

OK still on vacation PLEASE!! Where the heck is that judge because Mattie has a few words for her along with a ticket!!!! I am SO hoping for October for a court date for you. All this redue and extra money spent is ridiculous just like the judge RIDICULOUS!!!!

I put all our Cape May pictures on a disc and will mail it tomorrow, maybe I should send one to the judge so she can see how much fun and love your boys could be having!!!

I wish there was something I could do to help.

Love Mattie, Jake and Beth

Sandy LaMonaca-DiEduardo said...

Thank you Beth ! Your support means so much to us. I am getting realyl frustrated and I DO NOT believe these people are STILL on friggin vacation. No wonder they still live in the third world sometimes.