Asia/Europe Continental Border

Asia/Europe Continental Border

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

DHL and I have an ongoing affair.........

Monday Nov 15, 2010 - I gather all the completed and finalized apostilled documents that I received - all the redo docs that is - and went off to another visit to DHL. The wonderful people at POSTNET, where I send all my DHL from, keep asking when the boys are coming.  HA ! I wish I knew that one !
Olga sends emails asking " Where are the documents ?!".... Do they understand that here in America we don't have one person in an office with a stamp that does all this stuff?  I think two weeks to redo 13 documents with apostilles and all is pretty damn good ! Especially since I was in Disney one of those weeks. (Don't worry, I had already sent everything out before I left.).  The BEST gift we could have received was our updated 171H in the mail ! YEAH !!  Just in the nick of time.  And it gets better; apparently when they corrected our mispelled name on the form, they extended the expiration to 8/28/2011 (instead of the 02/28/2011).  Not sure if it was a typo or what, but I emailed NBC.ADOPTIONS, who helps with all the USCIS stuff, and they said "If the office changed it, in this case Newark, then we cannot chage it back and the extension is valid."    OK- NO arguement here !! As long as I know its ok then I will not argue. Its about time a bureaocrat did something right for us this time !!

So now I wait. It cracks me up how they beg and plead for you to send the paperwork and then the courts take their sweet old time in giving a court date !  I PRAY that we get to court before Dec 25, even if Christmas day is spent with the ridiculous judge !

Just to cover my A%^ though, I am doing another set of medicals.  The ones in Russia Expire Dec 1 and I do not want to be caught with my pants down ! They are on their way to the ABMS as we speak.
Fingers crossed that all goes well from here and we get our boys really soon.

Thank you to all the supportive parents that have helped us through this, we are rounding third and on our way home !

5 comments:

Beth said...

COME ON COURT DATE!! Mattie just took his shoes off and oh the smell!!! HE DECIDED if that JUDGE does not give you a court date SOON then he is going to stick his feet in her face and believe me they STINK!!!!

Love Beth, Mattie and Jazzy Jake

Unknown said...

Hi Guys...
We hope this is the last DHL for you and a court date is next. Did Olga say anything about if the courts are closed for the holidays? That was our worry last year when Olga and Michalina said we will be traveling during the month of December... Well you know when our date was! I hope you have early Christmas gifts!

Laura said...

I LOVE your analogy of rounding third and heading home!

OK...so where is the DHL package now...still enroute or sitting in an office waiting for pick-up? Inquiring minds need to know!

~Laura :)

Sandy LaMonaca-DiEduardo said...

So the DHL package did arrive !
and to answer the DeGraces: yes, I did ask and they said their holidays are in January and the courts are not closed in December. We had this discussion last year when we were going for Trip 1 too ! AHHHHHHH !! They have a financial incentive to get us the boys before age 24 mo or their fee decreses by $2000. So that is probably the ONLY reason they want us in there by Dec 26 !

JUDGE: Don't make me sick Mattie's feet and Jazzie's Coolness on you !! Because I WILL do it !

Laura said...

Glad to hear it arrived...now I'm anxiously awaiting your next post hopefully with the news everyone (ESPECIALLY YOU AND JOE) has been waiting for!!

~Laura