Asia/Europe Continental Border

Asia/Europe Continental Border

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Another Stressful Week

It seems that the document that I have repeatedly tried to obtain from the Board of Social Workers arrived a few weeks ago.  You will remember my post about being a pain in the @%#.  Well, I quickly scanned it and then sent it off to be Apostilled and then sent it off to Russia, another $101.95.
Olga send me an email Thursday 10/1, the License number was whited out and written over and the date the notary commission expires was written over by hand. REALLY !!!!
I quickly looked at the copy that I scanned into my computer, she was right ! 
I wrote a nasty gram on Friday 10/2 to the Director at the Board of Social Workers and told him that he not only cost me another week, but $40 in Apostilled and UPS and $102 in a DHL to Russia.  I could not believe that a licensed professional agency would white out a legal document and hand write over a notary expiration date !
Luckily, I quickly get a repsonse from the Director apologizing for what has happened and getting right on another notarized copy.  He did just that and sent it Saturday Delivery (which was nice of him).  THe only problem is that I still had to get an Apostille because he used a different notary in his office !  UGH ! So much for saving another $40.   So here I wait for the document, again, this document has been received 5 times now !  I will send it off to Olga, AGAIN, and wait, AGAIN !!

On a good note, I did get an awesome Dutalier Rocker Glider for the boys' room.  Comfy !

2 comments:

Laura said...

omg...are you kidding me??? I'm sure every piece of paper coming across your mailbox from here on out will be scrutinized with a fine-tooth comb. No excuse for whiting out such information!!

I heard from Rich and Carol and they filled me in that the info 2 weeks ago was an "error" from the agency. Telling you to do the 8-doc medical in Ekat is no joke...please!

Hang in there -- your reward will be doubly blessed in the long run.

~Laura :)

Sandy LaMonaca-DiEduardo said...

Hey Laura:
I hadn't heard from them yet. I have to try to call them, but they are usually not free until after 9pm and by then I am usually spent from getting up so early ! I will try to call them. The agency rep was not smart in this screw up !