Asia/Europe Continental Border

Asia/Europe Continental Border

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Another fabulous Day!

Yesterday was Monday and we were beginning to feel semi human again.  We met with the Doctor from the orphanage in the morning and went over the boys medicals. Not much has changed, except the testing on some stuff has been cleared and negative.  It's funny because as Julie and Don were having medicals on their son Anton, it is almost the exact same diagnosis' in all the kids.  Hmmm, coincidence?!

Yuri took us to the Russia Mall in the afternoon, wow what a great place. We could have spent the entire day there ! it was huge and we only saw a little of it.  We bought toys for the boys' birthday and Christmas so we can give them something.  We got a bilingual computer (for kids), now if we can actually learn how it works then maybe we can teach the boys.

Today, Tuesday we went to see the boys again and when the door opened they were sitting in chairs, they turned saw us and their faces it up ! They came running to us with arms open ! I will NEVER get tired of that !
It seems that our boys are the favorites of #5.  This morning 3 woman practicing a play were talking to us about court friday and said Dec 24, You be Mama and Papa. !! YES !!  They were excited. they played with Pasha and Sasha and said they will miss them so much !
I don't think they have twins that often and these two get along like real brothers. It is adorable !
They especially love Pasha, but mostly because he doesn't run around as much. To me, they are both my beautiful babies !
We played with some bubbles we bought them and for Anton too, and colored.  The ladies decorated a beautiful Christmas tree and the boys played and ran around cheerfully.  Noah (sasha) seems a little tired. He layed on my lap sucking his thumb and looked like he wanted to nap there.  It was precious.

The doctor told us about their schedules for eating and sleeping and what they ate and such.  Some things will remain the same, but some things will naturally change.  For one, They said no cold drinks......Ahhhhhh, don't think so. We have refridgerators in America and we use them ! Now I would not give them ice cold stuff but everything they drink doesn't need to be hot ! 
I like that they don't give them soda (which I understand and agree with) but yet they give them tea.  I said what about the caffeine in the tea...oh, that was ok.... DUH????
They said porridge for breakfast---I'm like, yeah well we ain't the 3 little bears so they will get oatmeal, eggs, pancakes and such.....(mind you, this conversation is all in my head and they don't need to know)
I like that they only BOIL or STEAM all the food.  Well, maybe that's how you do it but here is the US we like flavor, so we bake and saute` too !  My boys will get to love garlic, we are italian !!

Grandma, or Babushka, will come over and help me make some soups to freeze.  I make a lot of stuff, but soup isn't one of them.  I'm a progresso girl, but I don't want the boys to eat anything with high sodium.
We are learning some great phrases, like sleep, lie down, pee pee, eat, etc.  Just the basics. I haven't heard of any of you having big issues and I don't anticipate huge issues. We communicate pretty well now.

We are three days away from court, 3 days away from us being official Mama and Papa ! We are excited and nervous and also sad because we will have to leave for 2 weeks. That is the worst part ever !!

1 comment:

Beth said...

YAH 3 more days till you get to let that judge know what great parents you are!!! Have you started writing down what to say to her does she let you bring in a written speech. I did and it helped!! Communication really was never a problem with Jake I never could say any thing in Russian and we did fine. ALot of pointing and him showing me what he needed/wanted. Will you be able to see the Christmas play?? If so could you tape it I would love to show it to Jake to see if he remembers any of it. If you need any help with judge questions let me know.

Beth